Hawaiian Influence

For the Simon Says: Bright, Cheerful Colors challenge, I decided to go back to an old favorite and use my Poppy Moments die set. For the palette I went with a bright turquoise and yellow. I was going to add red too but in the end decided it would be too much.


To begin with I sprinkled Brushos Turquoise on a piece of watercolor cardstock and spritzed it with water. Once that was dry I added some more turquoise, and also some walnut crystals, and spritzed it again. I just love how this turned out! It reminds me of Caribbean island water. On a second piece of watercolor cardstock I used Brushos in Yellow and Lemon.

Once dry, I cut the turquoise cardstock using the Poppy Moments lacy-type die and trimmed it down (I accidentally cut too close to the design so trimmed it smaller. Since it’s so bright the extra white border seems to work!). I cut the yellow with the smaller flower die (I made 2 but only ended up using one). Next I cut the flower center from black cardstock.

For the sentiment I used the Simon Says “Hugs” layered die, making the background black and the word turquoise. This way I can also enter it in the Simon Says: Sending Hugs challenge.

I finished up by gluing everything to a white A6 card base and added some yellow rhinestones. I don’t know why, but this card definitely looks like it has a Hawaiian influence to me, what could be more cheerful?


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White