Spring Crocus

For me, seeing crocus flowers is the real sign spring is here. Peeking out of the snow, lavender and purple, they always make my heart happy.  Therefore, The House That Stamps Built Theme Challenge A1421 ~ Signs of Spring card had to be crocuses. I was also making this card for Altenew’s April 2021 Inspiration Challenge: A Bird’s Nest in Springtime, so the colors made sense.


I downloaded an SVG coloring page and used Cricut Print Then Cut. After sealing the paper using Plaid Patricia Nimrocks Clear Acrylic Sealer, I colored the image using Copic Sketch markers and then colored the sky using Lindy’s Magicals Whale Watch Blue as a watercolor.

After matting on black & robin’s egg blue cardstock, I embossed the sentiment in silver, added some light green rhinestones, and put it on a white card base.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Such a stunning spring card! I've not heard of the sealer you used so off to look it up. Thanks for sharing with us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - love your back gound of blues, really setsthe flowers off nicely. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love the large size of your crocuses and your fabulous water colored background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White