Blue Butterfly

For the Simon Says: Things With Wings challenge, I really only have butterflies right now, so I wanted to think of a different way to use them. I settled on one large butterfly stamp that I’d use with the Jacob’s Coat technique.


I began by cutting 2 mats of Bo Bunny twin dots paper in navy, one 6” x 4.25” and one 3.75” square, and 2 in white, one 5.75” x 4” and one 3.5” square. On the white square I blended Distress Oxide inks in Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Spun Sugar, and Milled Lavender. I set it with a heat gun and then stamped over the top with Versamark ink using the butterfly stamp and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Once cool, I blended over the top with Chipped Sapphire then Black Soot and buffed off the stamped portion.

After attaching all the mats to a white A6 card blank, I cut another small rectangle of the Bo Bunny paper and embossed the sentiment in white. I attached it and kept the rest of the card clean.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White