Eleanor Roosevelt

Upon seeing the Simon Says: Add A Quote challenge I knew I had to use my favorite Eleanor Roosevelt quote. It’s been something I try to remember when things are rough.


For the design I was inspired by a card by
Yana Smakula. It’s fairly simple but so pretty!

First I cut a light blue A6 card base, and black and medium blue mats. On the blue mat, I stamped the middle leaves from the Altenew Grape Leaves set with Versamark ink and embossed in gold. Then I used Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire to blend from the outside in towards the middle, leaving the middle plain. I put the base & mats together, added the sentiment (which I made using Print Then Cut on my Cricut), and added some sequins & beads. Done!

I’ll also enter this in the Simon Says: Anything Goes and The House That Stamps Built - Anything Goes challenges.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Gorgeous!! The gold embossing on that dark blue background is stunning!! And that quote is a good one to keep in mind, for sure! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White