Floating Frames Cards

I’ve used this technique once before and was pretty happy with the results, but at the time thought that the Altenew painted flowers stamps would work better. When I saw the Altenew inspiration challenge it all came together. The floating parasols reminded me of the floating flowers, & the colors would work beautifully. 


I used Catherine Pooler inks in Melon Ice & Garden Party, Bellini & Orange Peel, It’s a Boy & Stone Blue, and Coral Cabana & Samba to stamp the layered flowers then cut them with the coordinating dies. I arranged them on a light blue mat to get a good layout, then used Glad Press & Seal to hold them together while I cut them with a rectangular die. 


After separating the 2 sections, I added pieces of foam tape to the back of the flowers & leaves and mounted each on a light blue mat. After removing the Press & Seal I added dots with Nuvo drops. I wasn’t happy with the placement of the center section, so I trimmed around it and added a light blue cloud print mat


I cut 3 of the “hugs” in red, glued them together,  & put them in the middle of the frame. For the second card I attached a small strip sentiment. Lastly, I popped them both on white card bases. 

I’ll also be entering these in the Simon Says: Frame It challenge, the Simon Says: Anything Goes challenge, and the Stamping Sensations Beautiful Blooms challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy



Comments

  1. This is very pretty! Love your interpretation of the inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White