Happy Anniversary

Ok, so this is really early but I went ahead & made an anniversary card for The House That Stamps Built - DCC A721 ~ Anniversary Card challenge.  I’ll save it (Oct. 1). I was going to go with something all elegant, but then I saw Mr. Grumpy when I was going through my stamps and went for a combo style. 

I started by stamping the Altenew Pattern Play Diamonds stamp on watercolor cardstock with Versamark ink and embossing it with Ranger Navy embossing powder.  Using a blue metallic watercolor from my Cosmic Shimmer Antique Shades set, I painted the diamonds making them darker on the bottom. Once dry, I used a black Ranger embossing pen to color in the dots and emboss in gold. I cut it to a size that would fit on an A6 card, trimming off the less desirable parts. This left a piece 4-1/4”x5-1/4” on which I went around the outside with a gold metallic marker.

Next I stamped Mr. Grumpy on marker cardstock and colored it using Copic markers. I cut it with the coordinating die and went around the edge with a black Sharpie to add definition. 

Using my Cricut Maker, I made a card base from navy shimmer cardstock and cut a piece of gold cardstock 3/4”x4-1/4”. I also die cut several little hearts and 2 kitty paws of gold paper. 

To put it all together I used a tape runner on the mats, glued on the hearts & paws, and attached Mr. Grumpy with foam dots. 

I’m also entering this in the Simon Says: Anything Goes and The House That Stamps Built - Anything Goes challenges.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness!! I can so relate to that sentiment!! : ) This is very cute and I LOVE that fabulous background!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White