Log Cabin

For The House That Stamps Built - Theme Challenge M1221 ~ Sew Special, I thought of doing a quilt design. The good old log cabin quilt is one of my favorites, so that’s what I went with.


I began with 3/4” strips cut from 5 coordinating papers and a 4.375”x6.125” piece of white cardstock. I cut one square to begin and put it in the center of the mat. From there I used a tape runner around it then pieced on 4 more strips and trimmed them with a craft knife. I continued around with longer strips and then started making them shorter again until it was complete. 

Next I used a Ranger black embossing pen to add the “stitches” and embossed them using Ranger navy e.p. so they would be dimensional. I did this in several sections to make it easier & prevent drying or smudges.

After trimming around the edge of the mat, I added some blue striped butcher’s twine and buttons, and a sentiment strip. I attached it to a light blue A6 card base to finish it off.

I’ll enter this in the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge too.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White