Memorial Day Poppies

When I was planning out my Memorial Day cards, I came across 2 items that inspired me. The first was a card on Bobbi’s Treasure blog. I love the look of the different embossing patterns. It’s subtle but distinctive. 

I used my Cricut to cut apart navy mats of 4-1/4”x6” with room for the red to show through. 

My second inspiration was a Memorial Day poem I came across. 

We cherish too, the poppy red
That grows in fields where valor led, 
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of hero’s never dies
— Maina Michael

So, poppies! Out came my Stampin’ Up Peaceful Poppies dies. I have gotten so much use out of this set!  I die cut the poppies in 2 shades of red, and the leaves in 2 shades of green.

I glued everything together and added the verse to the inside. 



I’ll be entering this in the Simon Says: Use Dies and/or Punches challenge and the Stamping Sensations Beautiful Blooms challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


Comments

  1. Really lovely card but must point out that we are a stamping blog and your main focus has be a stamped image. Stamping Sensations DT Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo . . . what a fun technique!! The different embossing patterns do create a great texture. And I LOVE that sentiment on the "Soldier" card!!! Gorgeous flowers on the second one, too! Love the red popping against the black! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. (If you would add a link to our challenge, it would be appreciated! Thanks.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! All the textures of the different embossing folders are cool. Thanks for sharing this over at THTSB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is fabulous, and like that sentiment on the first and flower is beautiful on the second. Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White