Seahorse Thanks

I’ve been working on this card on & off for a couple of weeks now, not sure how to finish it off. I was looking for a beach or ocean theme for the Lindy’s Gang May Seaside Challenge and found this seahorse design on Etsy that I thought was really cool. 


After downloading the svg, I pulled it into Cricut Design Space, sized it for an A6 card, and printed it out. Next I sprayed it with fixative, colored it with Copic markers, and fussy cut it.

For the background I used a Lavinia Coral stencil, modeling paste, and 3 colors of Lindy’s Magicals from the Industrial Chic set: time travel teal, rusty lantern lime, and shabby turbine teal. 


I taped the stencil and cardstock down, squirted some modeling paste in several spots, and dusted the Magicals over the top. When I used a palette knife to spread the paste, the colors were activated and spread around too. After removing the stencil and letting it dry overnight, I trimmed it to 4” x 5.75”. 

I cut some coral, seaweed, and bubbles using my Cricut, and trimmed a piece of a madras plaid print paper to 4.25”x6”. Using an aqua card base, I attached the plaid and stenciled mats, glued on the coral, seaweed, and bubbles, then attached the seahorse using foam tape. I added clear/opal sequins and a small sentiment strip to finish it off. 

I’ll also be entering this in the STAY CRAFTY WITH HERO CHALLENGE #23 - Fun in the Sun.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White