Father’s Day

I made 2 Father’s Day cards this weekend. I was planning to use an argyle stencil, but in the mess that is my yet-to-be craft room I couldn’t find it, so I went with some dry embossing instead. 



First I cut pieces of both silver and gold cardstock. The silver I ran through a gear embossing folder and the gold through a honeycomb folder. Next I swiped the silver over with a black hybrid ink and the gold with brown dye ink (I didn’t have any hybrid or pigment, which would probably have worked better). After attaching them to a black card base, I added strips of vellum at the seams. 

Using my Cricut I cut 8 little gears and glued them together in 2’s, then heat embossed them with black and glued them on either side of the vellum. I had glued the vellum on in the spots where I was going to put the gears so it wouldn’t show. I die cut the sentiments from gold cardstock and glued them in the middle. 

I’ll be entering them in the Simon Says: Mixed Media challenge and The House That Stamps Built - Theme Challenge J221 ~ All About the Boys.


Thanks for stopping by! 

Sandy


Comments

  1. Well, it may not have ended up how you planned, but I think it is stunning!! Love the embossing folders you used and the two metallics are fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White