Summer Pond

This card took a few different turns. I decided to go with a pond theme for the The House That Stamps Built Theme Challenge J2321 ~ Scenery and for the 'I love....' Stamping Sensations June challenge. I love lily pads and froggies, so I thought I’d make a pond scene using Altenew Paint-A-Flower Lotus stamp and a die cut frog. 

Unfortunately, the triple layer mandala frog pattern I had just would not cut on my Cricut from cardstock. I tried a new blade, making the image bigger, but nothing seemed to work; so I thought maybe I’d try a dragonfly. I do love those colorful dragonflies that zip around the water. 

Every dragonfly file I found would have ended up with the same problem, though, so I decided to find a zentangle dragonfly to color with Copics.


The stamped lotus flower image is smaller than an A2 card, & I was making an A6 (all I pretty much do anymore), so I found some pretty patterned paper to use for a mat. 

I colored both the lotus stamp and dragonfly image with Copics and fussy cut the dragonfly. I went around the dragonfly edges with a black marker and stamped the sentiment in black on the lotus scene.

After attaching the mat and lotus Image to the seafoam card base, I attached the dragonfly only by the body using foam tape for dimension, and slightly bent up the wings. Then I added some sparkly enamel dots.


Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy

Comments

  1. A gorgeous dragonfly! Your card is so lovely. I spent ages looking for the frog before re reading lol! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations June challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous and so very summery, many thanks for sharing a crafty 'I love....' with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Dragonfly and he looks perfectly happy among the beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing what you love with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Sorry it didn't turn out how you had intended, but I think the end result is fabulous!! The dragonfly really is the star of the show! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White