Shiny Succulent

There are a number of September birthdays in my family, so I’ve been making birthday cards. For this one I used the Altenew 3D Mega Succulent embossing folder. 



To get the gold accents, I used an embossing technique shown by Jennifer McGuire in this video. The sentiment I cut twice from gold shimmer paper using Sizzix Tim Holtz Celebration Words dies and glued together for a bit of depth. I cut a mat from gold shimmer paper and put it all together on a green card base. 

I love how this card came out! It’s so elegant.The picture doesn’t do it justice. I liked it so much I made another like it. 



Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. September birthdays are the best!!! Mine is in a week and a half, with my husband's just two days before! Beautiful card!! The embossing is fabulous! Wow, so much depth!!! And, I agree, the gold makes it super elegant. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White