Pink Hearts

It’s been a long time, I’ve been working on my craft room and doing some crochet. The husband is on board with what I want to do in my room but it’s going to take most of the year to get it done. I have the second part of my desk and a bookcase coming in the next day or two. My pegboards, shelving, and racks for the stamp holders are all up & in use. Hopefully I’ll be at a place where I can have things stored in a way I can find them!  

I haven’t made any cards since Christmas so I definitely wanted to do something for Valentine’s Day.  I decided on a pale pink shimmery palette.

Using watercolor paper I stamped the Altenew Bouquet of Love using Versamark ink and embossed with Hero Arts White Detail embossing powder. Next I spritzed it using Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays in Alpine Ice Rose and Salt Water Taffy. With a brush I used mauve watercolor, from the Brea Reese Travel Watercolor kit, to paint in some areas to add interest. After spraying the whole thing with Avery Elle Clear Shimmer Spray I let it dry then cut a heart out of the center using a heart-shaped die. 

I trimmed it to 4” x 5-3/4” and matted the outline with white shimmer paper on a pink A6 card base. The heart I attached using foam tape. The sentiment was stamped on pink cardstock using Ranger Jet Black Archival ink and embossed with clear powder. I trimmed it and cut a piece of vellum slightly larger and attached them with Tom Bow roller adhesive dots. 

I added dots of Cosmic Shimmer 3D Pearl Accents in Pastel Pink, let them dry, and added some iridescent rhinestones. 

I actually made 16 of them! I think they turned out pretty. It’s too bad you can’t see the shimmer here.


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

  1. Wow, 16 beautiful cards! Love the soft look of this card. Beautifully done.
    Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us. We hope to see you again next time.
    Enjoy your day.
    Lena ~ DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White