Valentine’s Day 2022

 I wanted to make a special card for my husband for Valentine’s Day.  After seeing a tutorial by Bibi Cameron I wanted to try her method for making the background. Isn’t this gorgeous? 


I decided to use the Altenew Floating Foliage embossing folder and a darker greener palette. 



I started by rubbing Distress Oxide Iced Spruce on the debossed side of the embossing folder, spritzed it with a little it of water, and ran it through with photography paper. After letting it dry, I put a couple of smudges of Distress Oxide Speckled Egg and spritzed it again, tipping it so the ink flowed around the raised portions of the design.  Once that was dry I used Distress Oxide Black Soot to lightly swipe the leaves. I then spritzed some Lindy’s Mystic Malachite Vintage Spray and some DistressOxide Antique Linen spray. I spritzed with water and moved the colors around a bit. After this was dry, I swiped the leaves with Tsukineko Brilliance ink in Galaxy Gold.  

With gold metallic cardstock I cut a heart using a scribbled heart die and a mat slightly larger than my background.  I stamped and cut the sentiment using the Simon Says All About You stamp& die set. 

Once I put it all together this is what I had.


I’m really happy with how it turned out. Isn’t it pretty? 

Thanks for stopping by!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White