Deepest Sympathy Daisies

I made another card for the Altenew March Inspiration Challenge since the last one didn’t use any Altenew products in it. This time I used their layered Daisy Die Set. By using this set I am also able to use this card in the Dies R Us Challenge #189.  

As a reminder, here is the inspiration for the Altenew challenge.


Since I don’t have a Sympathy card in my stash, I decided to make this one. 

I used lavender, green and metallic gold on this card. To begin, I sprayed lightweight watercolor paper with Lindy’s Starburst Spray in Opal Sea Oats, a golden shimmery color, then spritzed some water over the top of that so I could move it around the paper until it was well covered. Using my heat gun I dried it and then die cut the bottom layer of the daisies and the top layer of the centers out of it 3 times. 

Next I die cut the top petal layer in white, the bottom of the leaves in a green-gold shimmer background I had in my stash, the the middle & top layers of the leaves in medium & dark green, then the bottom of the centers in metallic gold - everything 3 times. After gluing the petal and leaf sections together, I spritzed them all with Avery Elle Clear Shimmer Spray. Then I glued on the flower centers and set everything aside to thoroughly dry.

For the background I wanted a shimmery lavender, so I pulled out my Cosmic Shimmer watercolor palette #6 (Vintage Colors). I spritzed a piece of watercolor paper with water and used a flat brush to apply the paint over the whole thing.  There happened to be a piece of bubble wrap nearby, so I cut off a piece and pressed it down on the wet paint to see what it would look like. I love how it created a polka dot look! I set  it aside to dry.  

I wanted to add another touch of gold metallic cardstock to tie in with the flower centers, but not too much, so I used Altenew’s Fine Frames Diamonds Die Set to cut two thin diamonds.  

To put it all together, I glued the 2 diamonds on the background and the arranged the flowers & leaves until I liked the layout. Then I glued them in placed & trimmed the edges. 

Next I made the sentiment strip, using the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips stamp & die set and embossed it in gold on white cardstock, and attached it with foam tape. Lastly, I glued on a few gold sequins. 



This is it! Didn’t it turn out great? All the shimmer looks so pretty. 



Thanks for stopping by! 



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, this card is beautiful! I love those daisies. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White