Hydrangea Highlight

The second card I made today was specifically for the Altenew March 2022 Inspiration Challenge, although I used Colorado Craft Company stamp for it. I had pulled out their Big Hydrangea stamp set to use a sentiment from it so just used the hydrangea part for this.

Here is the inspiration picture from Altenew.


I went with the colors for this card, as close as I could get, and did a sort of color blocking effect. I’ve seen it before on other cards and thought it looked nice and easy.

I started by stamping the hydrangea in black ink on a 4-1/4” x 6” piece of white cardstock. After masking off the edges with low tack tape (I actually used blue painters tape) I masked off the bottom third of the center and blended on Distress Oxide Peeled Paint, masked off the middle portion and used DO Mustard Seed, and used DO Milled Lavender on the top.

Using a script Happy Birthday die, I cut it 3 times in white and once in black. After gluing all 3 white pieces together I glued the black piece on the bottom slightly offset to create a bit of shadow.

To assemble it I attached the stamped piece to a black mat, 4-1/2” x 6-1/4” and added it to an A6 white card base. Then I glued on the sentiment and added some sparkly enamel dots to match the 3 colors.


I’m really happy with this one too, although I didn’t end up using anything Altenew, so I’ll have to try that again. I’m still going to enter it, just for the heck of it, and I’m also entering this one in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says: Add Some Green, the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says: Bit O’ Green, and the Dies R Us Challenge - DRU Challenge #188 - Anything Goes.


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Sandy, your colour blocking certainly adds the WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, perfect colours for spring.

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and interesting design. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White