Spring Foliage Mixed Media

Well, I finally got back to card making today and this one came out really pretty. I used this palette again, but only four shades, two green and two blue. This is one of my favorite color combinations. 

I started with a 4-1/4”x6” piece of white cardstock and blended on Distress Oxide inks in Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Iced Spruce, and Rustic Wilderness.  Then I taped a stencil down over it, the Lavinia Stamps Bud Stencil, and spread light modeling paste over it evenly with a spreading tool.  You could also use a palette knife. I then carefully peeled up the stencil and set the design aside to dry. 

While it was drying I cut the Pinkfresh Foliage Frame inset die out of white cardstock. On vellum, I next stamped the sentiment using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, then embossed it with Stampendous fine detail clear embossing powder, and trimmed around it with scissors. I got the sentiment from the Colorado Craft Company Hydrangea big stamp set. 

Once the modeling paste was dry, I put it all together on a black mat, added some clear drops, and attached it to a white A6 card base.  This is the result. 

 

I’m really happy with the way it turned out! You know how it is when it’s actually as good in real life as it was in your head? It’s a very soft & pretty springtime look.  Just what I was going for.

I’m entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says: Add Some Green, the March challenge at Pinkfresh Studio, and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says: Bit O’ Green.


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White