Lovely Lilacs

I finally finished my springtime cards and they turned out awesome! Here’s a picture.


I love the lilacs in the springtime, and that luscious smell, so when I saw the Colorado Craft Big Lilac stamp & die set I knew I had to get it. I like to do a springtime card to send out to friends and family, and this was perfect. 

For this card I began by embossing the stamp in gold on watercolor paper and then, using my mini watercolor set, painted it.  When dry I cut it out using the coordinating die. 

The inked background was a lot of fun. I wanted something many layered and indicative of springtime growth. I used 4.5”x6” pieces of watercolor paper (9x12 sheets cut in quarters) and blended Distress Oxide inks in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn diagonally across, covering the sheets. I spritzed water on them and let them dry. Next, using Pixie Spray, I put the Lavinia Stamps Ivy stencil over top and through the stencil blended DO Speckled Egg over the Twisted Citron, and Tumbled Glass over the Mowed Lawn. I sprayed with water again and let dry. Then I used a flourish stencil and DO Shaded Lilac ink. I spritzed with water again & let dry. To finish this background I cut it with an antique frame die. 

For the bottom mat I embossed white cardstock using Altenew’s Organic Stone 3D embossing folder.

The last component was the sentiment, which came with the Big Lilac stamp set. I embossed it in gold on strips of vellum. 

I assembled the card by adhering the white mat to a mint green card base, and added the inked background, using a tape runner. Next, using foam dots, I added the lilacs. Finally, I used a tape runner on the back of the vellum only under some of the words, so it wouldn’t show, and attached the sentiment. 

I will be entering this lovely card in the Altenew April 2022 Inspiration Challenge, the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says: Anything Goes, the DRU Challenge #190 - Flowers/Spring, and the Stamping Sensations April Challenge- "I love......".


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

  1. This looks lovely with the gold embossing and vellum, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations April challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design. I love lilacs. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you join us again.
    Kathy
    DRU Dt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White