Bright Flowers

The Simon Says challenges for the week were Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says: Add Texture and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -  Simon Says: Layer It Up, so I created another card that I could use on both. I recently got the Sizzix Brushstroke Flowers #1 Thinlits Die Set and decided to use some of my Brushos with them. 

I used three 4.5”x6” pieces of watercolor paper and sprinkled one with greens, one with reds & oranges, and the third with oranges and yellows, then spritzed them with water. I let the colors swirl around a bit then let them dry overnight. 

The next thing I did was use the dies to cut the leaves from the green, the large flower from the red, and the smaller flower from the orange paper. I colored some of the pieces with Distress Oxides using small sponge blenders and then glued them all together.

Using the Altenew Angled Mosaic embossing folder, I embossed a piece of A2 cardstock and trimmed it down 1/4”. I then attached it to a burgundy A2 top folding card base and arranged and attached the leaves and flowers. After adding a sentiment and some glittery enamel dots I was done. 

So pretty & bright! The Brushos really give you great colors. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White