Happy Cats

I needed a masculine birthday card so, after looking through my collection, I decided to use an argyle stencil set from Pinkfresh Studios, and a Stampendous Laurel Burch stamp.


For the argyle stencil I used Distress Oxide inks in Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, and Shabby Shutters. It turned out smaller than I thought it would but you could go back and move the stencils over to make it a bigger size if you wanted to.  I decided to use it as a focal element instead of a full background so it was fine. 


I stamped both the single and triple cats from the Stampendous stamp set “Feline Blooms, and the Happy Birthday sentiment as well, using Ranger Archival ink in black. I colored in the cats using Copic markers and then fussy cut them. I trimmed the sentiment into a strip. 


On an A2 medium gray card base, I used a tape runner and attached the argyle mat. The cats were mounted using foam dots, and then the sentiment strip with tape runner. I added some enamel dots in several colors to finish off this fun card. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

  1. Loving the colourful funky Cats, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card with lovely cats and background. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Senations. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White