Pretty in Pink

For the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says: Add Texture I decided to use a stencil and modeling paste to create texture. I’ve had some good luck with adding embossing powders to the modeling paste, getting really interesting looks. I looked through my embossing powders and found a Ranger Blush Pearl powder that I don’t think I’ve used before, so I went with it. I’m trying to go through my supplies and use things I haven’t used before. On that same note, I have a Simon Says Stamp stencil, Spring Boho Circle, that I haven’t used before either, so took that out.


I began with a piece of 4.25 x 5.5” white cardstock and blended Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet over it. Next I spritzed some water on it and dried, then spritzed some Avery Elle shimmer spray over it and dried. That gave me a shimmery textured background which I taped my stencil over, then spread Liquitex light modeling paste over the stencil using a palette knife. When I removed the stencil I had the stencil design on my cardstock in the modeling paste that I then sprinkled with the Blush Pearl embossing powder. I let this dry overnight.

The next morning I used my heat gun on the embossing powder and ended up with this.


Background complete, I trimmed the edges 1/8” all around for a nice clean look.

Next I die cut the Stampin’ Up Artistically Inked bouquet once, from white cardstock, and the ‘hello’, from the Sizzix Thinlits Friendship Words set, 3 times. I glued the 3 sentiment die cuts together for a more impactful look. I glued the flower bouquet on my background, attached a piece of rose-colored sheer ribbon, and glued the sentiment over that.

I used a tape runner to attach my design to a top-folding A2 card base. Then I stamped some flowers from the Artistically Inked bundle on the inside, and was done.

I’m happy with how this card turned out! The textured shimmery background really sets the stage.

I also plan to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -  Simon Says: Layer It Up.


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Deluxe

Hydrangea Highlight

Red & White