Sympathy & Blues

Recently, I’ve needed a couple of sympathy cards, unfortunately, so my stash is gone.  I made 2 of the same thing to save some time to replenish it. 

I started with navy blue cardstock cut to 5.5”x4.25” and blended some Distress Oxide Black Soot around the outside to create a bit of shadow. I wiped the back with a baby wipe and ran them through my Cuttlebug using an Altenew Charming Mandala embossing folder. Next I used a brayer and some Hero Arts Unicorn ink lightly across the top to highlight the design. Afterwards I die cut them with an Altenew Mix and Match frame die. 


Using some vellum I also die cut some leaves using Altenew's Flowing Foliage set. I used a sentiment from the Hero Arts Protea Flower set, stamping on some vellum with black archival ink and embossing with clear powder. 

I used a white mat on a navy card base and attached the embossed background. Last I attached the vellum leaves and sentiment with a tape runner. 

These turned out really well! I love all the texture. 

I’ll be entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says: Something Beginning With ‘S’ and the DRU Challenge #195.


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Red & White