Abstract Colors

I just saw a Jennifer McGuire video about heat embossing that showed a technique I wanted to try.  I’ve done emboss resist with inks before but not using the Lindy’s Magicals, of which I have 2 different sets (and I want to get more because I love them).  

I cut a 9x12” sheet of Canson XL watercolor paper into 4 pieces. On 2 of them I used the Taylored Expressions Triangle Tetris background stamp with Versamark ink and heat embossed using Stampendous detail clear powder.  

The two Lindy’s Magicals sets I have are Nantucket Pearls and Industrial Chic.  After taping down the paper, one for each set, I spritzed them with water, sprinkled on the powders, and spritzed again.  The one above used the Nantucket Pearl powders and the one below used the Industrial Chic powders.

The sentiment strips were cut from black glossy cardstock.  The dies were from Aliexpress.  I thought the kind of graphic industrial look went really well with the design.

I kept these fairly simple.  I cut the panels down to 4”x5-1/4”, adhered them to top folding A2 card bases, and adhered the sentiment strips.  

Easy but I love how they turned out.  I’ll definitely use this technique again.  Especially if I get more of the Lindy’s! 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Father’s Day 2022