Easter Time

I had some backgrounds I created last year and never used so I decided to use them for my Easter cards.  The technique was one I used for Valentine’s Day last year.  It’s from a tutorial by Bibi Cameron.  This time I used blues with neutrals and as a final step swiped over the top with Champagne Delicata ink.  The embossing folder is the Memory Box 3D Blooming Sweet Pea.  The inks I used were Distress Oxide inks in, I believe (it was last year) Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, and Black Soot, and sprays in Antique Linen and Speckled Egg.  



The Easter Lily stamp and die were from Newton’s Nook.  I stamped them on Neenah Solar White cardstock using My Favorite Things Extreme Black hybrid ink and colored them in using Copic markers.  Next I die cut them using the matching die.  

The sentiment is a die set from my stash.  I cut the words from champagne glitter and white cardstock so I could layer them to create some depth.  The shadow was cut in white. I glued them together using Bearly Art Precision Glue, a new favorite.  

The card bases were from Sizzix Surfacez in Arctic Sky.  I matted them with champagne glitter cardstock and cut the backgrounds to fit inside.  I used a Tombow Mono Dots tape runner for the mat and background then I glued on the flowers and sentiment.  

I think they turned out pretty and a bit artsy, didn’t they? The background looks a bit like stormy spring sky. 

I’ll be entering this in the Simon Says Monday and Wednesday Challenges. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Father’s Day 2022