Fresh Blooms

With Mother’s Day coming up I needed to make a special card. I decided to use the Altenew Fresh Bloom layering set (a gift from a friend). I haven’t used it before although I’ve had it for a while. I ordered the coordinating die set recently.  Since I also needed to make a birthday card, I just switched colors for the second card. 

For the first card I used Catherine Pooler inks in Bellini, Polished, Coral Cabana, and Tutti Frutti.  The flower centers were stamped in Limoncello, Shea Butter, and Tiara. For all the leaves I used Sage, Eucalyptus, and Spruce. For the flowers for the second card I used Hot Tub, Aquatini, Skylight, and Mardi Gras.  Next I cut out the flowers and leaves with the coordinating dies. 


For the background I did some hot foiling. This was my first attempt with my new Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine.  I actually got it a few months ago but wasn’t able to use it since it didn’t fit on my Cuttlebug.  I had to get  a Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine for it to work. 


I tried using Deco Foil but that didn’t work. Fortunately the Glimmer came with 2 rolls of foil so I used some of that with the Spellbinders Essential Rectangles Hot Foil plate. Now I’m going to need to purchase some more colors of the right kind of foil!

The sentiments were die cut in gold cardstock.  The shadow for the Mother’s Day was cut from white cardstock.  

After gluing everything together I added some gold sequins.

I’ll enter these in the Simon Says: Anything Goes challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hydrangea Highlight

Candy Cane Deluxe

Father’s Day 2022